Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Shanghai!

Yesterday was Stake Conference which was held in Shanghai! All six of us here in Yangzhong really wanted to go, so Saturday morning we left at 7:00 to take a 4 hour bus ride to Shanghai! It would have been closer to 3 hours but we passed a huge wreck on the way. Shanghai is beautiful! I love it so much!!!! I think I even liked it more than Beijing. It really is amazing.
When we got there we dropped our stuff off at our hotel then got dumplings for lunch and headed out to try to find something. We found Old Street! When we got off the subway we asked a white person walking down the street where it was. He was from Italy! He told us where a lot of things were that we could go to. We did a lot of shopping and it was just so fun. I got Annie a really cool present but didn’t get much else. We will definitely go back though!
Sunday we were really worried we wouldn’t be able to find the building where church would be, but we figured out the subways and when we got off the subway we saw some of the older people in our ward and one of the old men yelled to us, “Hello Sisters!” It felt so good to be greeted that way. We all walked to the International Tower together where Stake Conference was being held. Our ward choir was singing in the meeting so we practiced before. It was a really amazing meeting. There was also a Young Single Adults question and answer session afterwards. I was really sad when church was over. I love church.
The Stake President and his lovely wife took us to the bus station where we missed our bus by ten minutes. They then raced us to another bus station to try to catch the last bus heading to Yangzhong from Shanghai. We ran a few red lights and were definitely going much faster than the cars around us at some spots, but President was a good driver! Haha We barely missed the bus there too. So then we had to take a train to Xinjiang. When we got off the train we had to find two taxis for the six of us to take that weren’t super creepy which was quite the adventure. We finally got home at around 10:00 but it felt like 1 in the morning. It was a long day but well worth going to Stake Conference for.
I love Sara, Makena, Marie, Julia and Kara so much! We had such a fun weekend together in Shanghai! Last night for FHE we planned our week long break that is coming up. So far the plan is to start out in Xian where we will see the Terracotta Soldiers, spend a couple days there then go to Chengdu to see the panda habitat (where I will take lots of pictures for Nathanael), then we will stop in fenghuang city (I think that’s how you spell it), then we will finish our trip in Shanghai. It will be a busy week and we are all going to be very tired but we are really excited. It will be so much fun!





Old Street

Happy in Shanghai!

We went to Pizza Hut for dinner, which was so so so fancy! And seriously the BEST pizza I have ever tasted. It was so good. We also got these fruit smoothies which actually tasted delicious! They were the BEST smoothies I have ever tasted too! It was delicious! And so fun! By the next morning though I was craving Chinese food big time. haha :)

Makena, me and Julia satisfied after pizza :)

Shanghai at night

Being tourists!

Yongda International Tower. We found church!!! :)

Driving off of the tallest arch bridge in the world!



The train station late at night.

2 comments:

  1. Me too! This is all so amazing! I'm glad you are having such an amazing trip!! (if you like being called sister, you should be a missionary! Just saying...:)...maybe you'd even go back to china! Thanks for writing often, I love reading about your experiences. I miss you Tina! Love you!

    ReplyDelete