Thursday, September 8, 2011

Orange and StarLing

 
This is mine and Sara's liaison, Orange, with her son StarLing. This is after a long day of sightseeing and StarLing took off his mommy's hat and put it on his head. He is so adorable! Orange is our sister here in China. She is amazing. :)
Last night was teacher appreciation night... it was... interesting... Sara and I sang but I didn't get any pictures or anything because Orange couldn't figure the camera out. It wasn't anything too exciting though. But they liked it. 
Yesterday I observed the fifth grade class I will be teaching. All of the fifth graders tested and the highest scores got put in an advanced class that I will be teaching. They know so much! That will be fun but I am also very nervous. Orange will be helping me with that class. I start next week. I introduced myself and when I told them there are 6 people in my family they all were so surprised and thought it was the coolest thing ever. Then after class I was thinking and I should have said I have 9 people in my family... haha oh well! Anyway, they thought 6 people was huge. They will be fun to teach, but the book I have to teach out of doesn't make sense at all so I am really worried about that.
Thanks everyone who gave me ideas for teaching my first graders!!! Classes are going better and your ideas helped so much. I wish I had my guitar here to sing to the kids like Spencer did, but Sara brought her ukulele and shes already taught me some chords on that. 
Every night Sara and I hear huge bangs in our hallway, like someone slamming doors. It's kind of creepy... but Sara saw a bat fly by and then heard the bangs, so we are thinking maybe it is the bats running into the huge medal gates in our hallway. I feel like though that bats can't make that big of a noise. It is seriously so loud. So then I was thinking maybe it is the wind coming through the open windows. I don't know, but it is loud and woke me up at 6 this morning.
It's already Friday! Yay! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, she is so beautiful and he is so adorable! I'm so glad that you are feeling more confident - and you would be surprised what a loud noise small animals can make! I hear things all the time since we live in the 'country' and never can believe how tiny the culprits are. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete