Hello!
Last night the other girls from China Horizons in our city and Sara and I had Family Home Evening. We couldn’t do it Monday because of the Mid Autumn Festival. It is so fun having FHE together. It is such a good time every week besides church to receive strength from each other. We are all having such different experiences and it is so fun to hear about them! And even though we are having such different experiences we are still all having some hard times and it is so nice to know that we all have that in common and can lean on each other for support. It is also so so so nice to be able to discuss the gospel together and have the reminder that the Lord is always with us. It’s amazing how many spiritual experiences we can have even when we can’t discuss the gospel with anyone! This has definitely been a time for all of us to individually grow closer to the Savior. I am so grateful for that.
So this is random but the people here hardly ever sweep. They just mop everything up. So they mop and sweep at the same time I guess. I haven’t got the hang of it. Haha I would much rather just sweep first. And things get dirty way fast here. Yesterday I mopped and cleaned my room so I could go barefoot but my feet still got dirty this morning when I walked barefoot. Sigh. So I just won’t go barefoot. Everyone has little plastic shoes that they wear in their houses. I will probably get some of those.
Another random thing is that the school teaches the kids to march here…even all the little kids. The whole school marches out to the courtyard in the mornings and then they march in place while saying something that I don’t understand. They don’t get recess here but have nap time instead. They have PE (where they learn Tai Chi- it is the cutest thing ever). The kids are at school from 8:00 to 4:30 and Orange says most of them go to another school after that, especially the older ones, to get ahead of the other students. It’s sad.
My fifth graders picked out English names in class yesterday. I had a huge list for them to choose from and only like 20 kids. 5 girls picked the name Gina though. I think because it sounds like Tina. Haha So tomorrow we are going to have to pick new names one at a time and cross off the name when it gets picked.
Tonight Orange is going to teach us to cook something in our apartment! Yay!
My little first graders were so adorable today. I will send more pictures of them with their faces in Hellen, Mike, Su Hai, and Wang Bing. J
| My very wild but cute class!!! |
I LOVE the picture of the whole class. They really are all beautiful children. What a great experience to get to know them.
ReplyDeleteYour class is so cute!!!
ReplyDeleteThey are really so adorable. I am glad you are having such a good experience. It all sounds so awesome, I really wish I had done it when I was in college.
ReplyDeleteThat class picture is awesome! I know it must be hard, but we are so proud of you! And the kids love hearing of your adventures. We love you!
ReplyDelete