Friday was teacher appreciation day! The students brought me beautiful flowers that they gave to me when I walked into class. Also, one of my fifth graders that I start teaching today gave me a card and one of my first graders gave me French bread. It was so nice!
On Saturday we spent the day with Orange and her family. We even got to ride bikes! It was so so so scary. A lot of times you see two people on one bike, one person riding and the other on the back. And guess what? Sara and me did that! J She rode the bike and I tried to sit gracefully on the back. Haha It was so scary. Then we picked up another bike and we all had our own. It was so fun. We went to the post office, and that included left turns through very busy intersections. I screamed the whole way through but we did it! haha Even with all of the crazy drivers around. If you have the mindset that you are the only person on the road, than you can get through just fine. J
After our bike adventures we did a lot of shopping then ate at Orange’s parents house. It was delicious as always.
On Sunday we went to church in Nanjing again. We rode the two hour bus and were late again. Eventually we will get there on time. After church we had a little “munch and mingle”. Someone brought peanut butter which was a huge hit. Somehow we made it home that night. We are always so proud of ourselves when we get somewhere and back all on our own! J
Yesterday was the Mid Autumn Festival. I think it is kind of like Thanksgiving. Orange’s family invited us to dinner. She said that the holiday is “a time to be happy and be with your family.” Her family is so amazing. Orange calls us her sisters. She is so wonderful. She reminds me a lot of Sherrie. She is just so wonderful. StarLing was adorable as always and laid his head on my lap most of the dinner. He just stood by my chair but laid his head on my lap. Haha He is so cute. Oranges family is so accepting of us and I love them so much.
Also, yesterday we went shopping and I got the cutest coat! I can’t wait for it to get cold now! J
| Our office |
| StarLing and his Grandma! Orange picked that leaf for StarLing on our bike ride :) She is such a good mom. |
No comments:
Post a Comment