Thursday, August 18, 2011
My Trip To China
On Saturday I am leaving for four months to go teach English in China. I am going through a company called China Horizons so I am flying over with a lot of other teachers. We are flying into Beijing and spending a week there before we all go our separate ways. The first few days we are just doing a bunch of touristy stuff! We are going to hike the Great Wall, go see a live acrobatics show, go to the Forbidden City and the Ming Tombs, go to the silk and jade factories and so much more!!! Then we have a training and orientation the next few days after that. Then we all leave for the city we are assigned to teach in. I am assigned to teach in Yangzhong. It is on an island surrounded by the Yangtze river a little north of Shanghai. I am teaching middle school, so 12-16 year olds. I have no idea what to expect at all... but I am so excited! Let the adventure begin!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can't believe it's time to go! I am so excited for you! I love you!
ReplyDeleteWow! What an adventure! I am so proud of you and can't wait to hear all about it. We love you!
ReplyDeleteThanks I am so excited!
ReplyDeleteYangtze river reminds me of Ping, the story of the ducks. It sounds so fabulous. I can't wait to hear your many adventures.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful time Tina! I know it will be a fabulous adventure for you and I cannot wait to hear and see all about it!
ReplyDelete