Sunday, August 21, 2011
Flight to Korea
Well, I am here in Korea!!! The flight from SLC to LA was normal. I got a window seat on the side where I could see SLC and Provo and everything, so I kissed everyone goodbye again! :) When we got to LA we took a bus to the international area or whatever and then had to go through security all over again. Our flight was a little more than 12 hours. It went by faster than I was expecting it to! The flight attendants were ADORABLE! They all wore the exact same outfit which was a khaki pencil skirt, a white button up blouse, a light blue scarf tied around their neck that stuck straight out on both sides, and their hair in a bun with these blue chopstick things stuck in it. They looked so cute! And they were super nice. When we got on the plane their was a pillow, slippers, headphones, and a soft purple blanket in our seats for us to use. I really wanted to keep the blanket but the flight attendant came on the microphone before landing and asked that everyone please leave the blanket in their seat. So I didn't take it. We had dinner about an hour into the flight. We had options of what meal we wanted but I decided to go with the flow of all the Korean people around me and eat the authentic Korean meal. It was a bowl of rice and veggies and then you put a packet of this oil stuff on it and a tube of spicy paste. The flight attendant showed me what to do with everything. She was so cute! All of the flight people barely spoke English too which was cute as well. The meal also came with these pickle things that were so gross!!! They were hot pickles with these spices on it that I just didn't like so much. The looked like pickles but didn't taste like it. It also came with this soup stuff that kind of tasted like the egg drop soup that you get at Snow Dragon but instead of egg it was seaweed... I think. I thought the meal was really good at first but then just really wanted something with the American taste to it, which is why I was really glad they gave us a bowl of sliced oranges, peeled and everything. They also offered me wine, but I didn't take it. And tea or coffee for dessert which I also didn't take. haha Everything was just so cute! Then I started watching that movie Soul Surfer but fell asleep for a while I guess. It was so uncomfortable though that I was surprised when I woke up and had apparently been sleeping. I watched another movie then slept some more then it was breakfast time!!! Oh and this whole time the flight attendants walk around with trays of water, orange juice, or pineapple juice. haha Ok so breakfast we had the choice of pourage (I don't know how to spell that), an omlet, or just a muffin meal thing. I got the omlet which was really yummy. It was very American, so yummm. It tasted like something you would get at McDonalds or something, so just normal. Then I watched another movie and another movie and then it was time to land! It went by fast actually. I had a little bit of a breakdown at the end of the flight because really, what am I doing??!!! The whole flight I was thinking I couldn't wait to tell yall about it and feeling like I should just be going home right after this. But I'm not. I am so alone. Then we got off the plane and Korea was sitting in a cloud, so I couldn't really see anything outside. But besides the huge pictures of Korean fighters and stuff all over the place it is very normal. Just like every other airport, but cleaner and quieter. It is EXTREMELY hot and humid here. Like Texas!!!! Just my clothes touching my skin is making me sweat like crazy. But just like Annie said, so far there are familiar things all over the place. And everything here is still written in English so that helps in the familiarness of it all. Well, 6 hours then off to Beijing!!! There is internet here but everyone is at church right now so nobody is on Skype. It was funny how we left on the 20th and when we landed it was the 22nd! No August 21, 2011 for me! :) I miss you all and love you
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my goodness I am so glad you blogged! It is so awesome that you are in Korea! I want to get on skype maybe you are on. I know this says I am Mommy but it is me Julianna.
ReplyDeleteHow weird to skip a day. Does that mean you will have 2 of the same day on your way back?
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you are there safely. Nathanael is so excited that you are going to live in China because you will see panda bears every day. Haha, I guess he thinks they are like deer and run around everywhere. We love you!
ReplyDelete