Sunday, August 28, 2011

Last Day In Beijing


Posted by PicasaRight now I am eating some delicious bread that I have eaten so much of here in Beijing. It tastes a lot like Mommy’s rolls that she makes at Thanksgiving. There is a little tiny corner grocery store right outside of the alley of our hostel called Dia that we have been buying necessities at such as bottled water (you can’t drink the tap water here) and any snacks that we have needed.
I can’t believe it is our last night in Beijing. It was such a good week!! We all had a meeting with Jacob about details for departing to our cities and things. He stressed how the easy part of our China trip is over and how relaxed Beijing is compared to what we are about to get ourselves into. He stressed how we need to stick it out. He said that he loves us and he really has a hard time after this first week sending us out because he knows how hard it is. Oh great! Haha I seriously have no idea what it is going to be like where we are going. Jacob hasn’t given Sara and me any details because he doesn’t even know! So he is coming with us to our city to help us get settled. I am scared though. But it will be ok.
Last night we went to the Kung Fu Show! It was so awesome!!! They had people balancing on swords all different ways and doing cartwheels on their heads and flying through the air! Just really amazing stuff. After the show our tour guide, Climate, took a few of us girls to a gorgeous lake! He bought us dinner and frozen yogurt and we walked around the lake. There were so many fancy restaurants and classy people and it was just beautiful!!! And the frozen yogurt was delicious. It almost tasted like frozen yogurt in America. J Climate is just so awesome!!! It was such a fun night.
Today it took us all day to go to church and come back. Church was held in conference rooms of a hotel way far away from here. It was actually a pretty big branch! It was so fun to go to church again. I didn't meet anyone the Bakers know because we got there a little late and then didn't end up eating at anyones house afterwards. It was such a long way to church. I can't believe people who live in Beijing have to travel that far. It made me feel so blessed that in America we have nice church buildings all over that are so close to us. It was just really nice to go to church again. It felt like a long time since I had been last. It was a long week. I just miss having temples and everything all over. I am excited to get to our towns and be a part of a ward and institute again.
It was such a good week. I love Beijing. Now another adventure begins!!! Yangzhong here I come!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad the bread is good. I have to have good bread, thats pretty much all i eat! I am typing this on my nook we are in idaho. I love you so much! I will write you longer when i get home!

    ReplyDelete