Thursday, August 25, 2011

Summer Palace, pearl and silk markets



This morning we woke up and went to the Summer Palace. It was so awesome! It was huge and as always a million people there wanted a picture with me for some reason. After the Summer Palace we went to the pearl factory. Just so everyone knows and isn't expecting anything when I come home I didn't get anything at the pearl factory or the jade factory. Not even for me! I am so sorry! I really regret it but it was so much money I just couldn't. I want to go back though just cause I really think it is worth it. :) I probably won't have the chance though. Then today we went to the pearl and silk markets which were amazing!!! It was so fun! Not at all what I was expecting and so so fun! We have just shopped all day basically! I got a tonnnn of stuff. And all for so cheap! I am really good at the bargaining :) I got a ton of new clothes and presents for people! One of my favorites was when I went to look at some shoes that were Chinese looking but still simple and cute that I was thinking of getting for Annie. The lady started out at like 700 yuan (which you have to keep in mind there are about 6.33 yuan or so in 1 dollar). I said there was no way and got her to come down to around 500 yuan before I decided that Annie probably wouldn't like them so much and started walking away. She followed me and was yelling down the hall and within seconds I had her from 500 yuan to 50 yuan! And then when I said no again and waved bye she yelled, "Ok ok! You name price! You name price!" haha i didn't get them though. But it was hilarious. It was all like that and just so much fun, I loved it! I think the thing I did the worst on was a present I got for Jay. Don't get me wrong, from the starting price I still got it down a tonnn but I think I could have gotten it down more. But I made up for that purchase with buying Mommy a present that was worth a ton and getting it for way cheap! It all evened out :) It was so fun! Definitely my type of thing. I got so so so much stuff for less than 150 US dollars!!! It was the best shopping ever!!!! I felt rich and I seriously felt like I could buy whatever I wanted! haha It is so much impulse buying but I came home and I am so happy with everything I bought! I wish I could go get more! I got a super cute summer hat which is one of my favorite purchases. I walked into a booth area cause Aimee wanted to buy something and the lady turns to me and says, "Oh you are so cute! You are so cute!" and smothered me with compliments about how my eyes were so cute and my hat was so cute and my hair was so cute and I was just SO CUTE! hahaha She asked my name and when I said Tina she said, "Oh that is so cute!" hahaha She was so cute. It was such a fun place. I was way nervous about it, I was afraid the people were going to be mean about it! But if they were mean it was so easy to just walk to another booth and find the same thing! You all need to come. I don't ever want to do my shopping anywhere else ever again! :)
I am sending a video of probably the most random thing that has happened to me so far here in China. A ton of people were gathered around at the Summer Palace singing really really loudly! Like a choir and band was singing some sort of Ode to the Palace or something. I don't know. Anyway, we went over to see what the singing was and the conductor saw me and grabbed my arm and made me stand in the middle of the choir! People were dancing and it was just so funny! I don't even know. But it was fun :)
I love China! Although today out of dire need I had to use a squatter for the first time. It is about 500 thousand times worse than you would imagine it to be trust me. I am never using one again... well, I will probably have to... sigh.
I wish I could tell you all the stuff I got today!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it all so much!!!!! I really want it to be a surprise when I get home though. I can't wait for you to see :)






4 comments:

  1. Everything you talk about and your pictures are just so incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I am jealous. So glad you are loving it after all the stress, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see a picture of your summer hat

    ReplyDelete