This morning I woke up and had a wonderful email from Mommy. She really is the best Mommy ever. Then I took a long shower and used all of my hot water. When I got out Meagan, one of my best friends ever, was on Skype. I talked to her and Jess for a while and it was so good to see them and know that they are doing so well. They are lovely lovely people. Skype is such a wonderful thing. I am on the opposite side of the world and I still get to talk to everyone face to face! I talk to Jay and Thomas practically everyday and I love that Sara gets on so much now and I got to talk to my beautiful newly married Stephie last week and I just love talking to everyone so much. There are just so many lovely people in my life.
Sara is one of those lovely people I have been blessed with, she is my companion here. She is so kind and beautiful. Yesterday she took my fifth grade class very last minute because I got really sick and she didn’t complain about it one bit. She is always willing to help. She just makes life even more fun here in China and I am so happy Heavenly Father answered those many many many prayers of pleading to be put with a wonderful person here in China. She will be my friend forever. Last night we started decorating for Thanksgiving and then our friends Kelly and Daisy came over to make dinner with us. We made Hot Pot which is one of my favorite foods ever. We had such a fun dinner with them and it is so much fun when they come over!
After lunch today Sara and I decided to go explore the island a little bit more. So we started riding our bikes the opposite way we normally do and we found a really cute park. It had a little white bridge and everything! We walked around the park for a long time and took lots of pictures.
On the way home we stopped at a fruit stand by our school and one of the teachers who we don’t even know very well bought us each an apple. J
“Each of us can have eyes to see clearly and ears to hear distinctly the tender mercies of the Lord as they strengthen and assist us in these latter days. May our hearts always be filled with gratitude for His abundant and tender mercies.” ~Elder David A. Bednar
No comments:
Post a Comment