Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving


Today we celebrated Thanksgiving in my first grade classes! I told a very watered down version of the Thanksgiving story and explained that Thanksgiving is all about saying “Thank you” and “I love you.” J I showed them pictures of our house on Thanksgiving and everyone sitting down to eat, and they went crazy over them! It was adorable. Then we practiced being a turkey and going gobble gobble all over the place. Then we made hand turkeys which they loved. They are so adorable! I love my little first graders so much. They had a little bit of a hard time saying Happy Thanksgiving rather than Happy Halloween, but that is understandable since they do sound a lot alike! J
Yesterday Mekena and I got really soft blankets which are fabulous. It is getting so so so cold these days and they keep us nice and warm. Mine is pretty and purple. After dinner we were listening to Christmas music and the song “Last Christmas” came on, so we danced all around the kitchen and living room with our blankets.
“Let us relish life as we live it and find joy in the journey- now.” ~President Monson
Congratulations to my beautiful friend Kristalyn for getting engaged!! J It all sounds so exciting around there and I am so happy for her and love her so much!!! I love all of my wonderful friends. J


 They are all so creative!!!! :)

Happy Thanksgiving with Class 1!!

 Cute kids working hard!

Happy Thanksgiving with Class 2!

Look at that cute smile :)

Another cute cute cute smile! :)

Daniel and Ally with their cute turkeys!!!

 Adorable girl with adorable artwork :)

 Daniel being a gobbling turkey and it's hilarious!

 Creative little turkeys.

Happy Thanksgiving with Class 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment