Saturday, October 15, 2011

the end of our Xian trip

I still have to finish talking about our Xian trip! On Sunday night we went biking on the City Wall in Xian. It was one of my very favorite parts of the whole trip. It was seriously SO amazing. We rode tandom bikes, which was my first time ever doing that. Mekena and I rode on one together. At first we had a really difficult time with it. Haha It didn’t help that they were really really old bikes too. We got the hang of it after a while though and it was so much fun. It was dark out and the wall was all lit up and the city surrounding the whole wall was lit up and everything was so beautiful. There were even floating lanterns in the sky. It was all so magical and beautiful and probably my favorite part of the whole trip along with the Terra-cotta Warriors. It was just so amazing!!! We were biking on a wall built in the Tang Dynasty!!! Seriously, amazing.
Not too much else happened. We spent the next morning souvenier shopping on the dreariest day of my life I feel like. The weather was nasty. I had such a fun time in Xian though! It really was such a good week.
On Tuesday we got back at about noon after a really long train ride. I had to teach my fifth grade class that afternoon and didn’t have any idea of what I was going to teach so I taught them Happy Birthday. We spent the whole class making birthday cards for Sara since it was her birthday last week and I taught them the Happy Birthday song. It was basically a lesson about Sara. Haha
Wednesday night we went over to Marie and Mekena’s apartment and we all went to Tai Chi together! It was the first time ever that I have done Tai Chi. We all loved it! It was so fun and really hilarious. All of the Chinese people were trying to help us do it and there was a crowd of people who stopped to watch. Apparently I am pretty good at doing Tai Chi though because everyone kept complimenting on how good I was doing. J
Yesterday we watched conference finally! I had already watched most of it but it was fun to watch it with everyone together. We tried to have an American breakfast, so we made French toast! We can’t find butter anywhere here so we used oil instead which gave it a Chinese taste. We also couldn’t find syrup so we had cream cheese and strawberry jam on it. We also had lots of fruit and it was so delicious! For lunch we had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches which tasted amazing as well. J Conference was so so so so so so so amazing. I love it so much.




No comments:

Post a Comment